This dress is both so sweet and so easy to make, along with its effortlessly flirty design it is surely one of my new favorite patterns. I used a simple patterned quilting cotton, which I was worried about being to flimsy, and it actually looked lovely. Can't wait to make a fall dress with sleeves. 


I did try to make this dress about a year ago and struggled with the sizing. I'm around a US size 16 in dresses, and the largest Tilly size is more like a 14. When I made it the first time I used a linen and generously sized up, resulting in an ugly and wrinkly too big garment. I overlooked this pattern for this long, and finally decided to try it again. I made the largest Tilly size and found that it worked perfectly for my size, although if I made it again I would probably add a few inches in the hemline. A nice commenter on Facebook said it's what's called a "standing dress" where it's meant to look pretty while you're standing but there's not much sitting or bending if you want to maintain your modesty. Oh well! Looks like it's standing room only for me.